A VOYAGE Through Rohu in Makira Ulawa Province.

EXCITED MOMENT-HOLIDAY FEVER.

It was in the month of December, 2014. The Christmas Holiday break was approaching and everybody working, studying and just Liu Ai ( Unemployed) who reside in Honiara City were all excited as the transport arrangements and the departure date has been confirmed. On the next day (departure date), the sky was cleared and the sun was started to reach the tree tops. Everybody was ready for the voyage. The traffic was busy and the rush hour almost hit the road again as it's Friday afternoon. Later that afternoon, Everybody has ready and started to catch the early Taxi's and buses heading to the west-side where the post areas was. Mv. Airi was the ship to board and it was the last ship to make its passenger run through this route, Marou bay to Haununu Area before the 25th of December. Things have been little crappy for me. I have not got enough for my sea fare. I am so worried during that time as i don't want to spend the X-mass Holiday in Town. I began to beg to borrow for my holiday fare, as i am still a student at that time just completed my BSCEN at the University of the South Pacific. Fortunately, i have secure some money from my niece Jenny Mwada'u a teacher by profession at Chapuria CHS in Weather Coast of Guadalcanal Province.

BOARDING THE VESSEL.

It's almost reach 5:00 PM that evening and everyone was at the wharf started to board the ship. The ship will leave at 8:00 PM and the ship began to fill with passengers from the two district Arosi two (2) and Haununu District which the ship will make its run through. Its around 7:30 PM and I realized that something was wrong, I forgot my Phone Charger and I have to get it in order to use my Cell. I asked for another ten dollars $10.00 from a friend of mind to rush up to the place where I lived to get my charger. Up on returned, its already 8:01 PM the ship already moved out from the wharf, luckily there's someone also came late to board the ship, so we began to shout and waving to the ship. Luckily, they feel pithy for us so they came back. Finally, we manage to board the ship and here we come, "Makira". After the 9 hours Journey we manage to see the landscape of Makira just before the day break. We went through Arosi one (1) first reached Wango Village where we drop some passengers and a death body to be transported to Uki ni Masi (Ugi Island).

RETURN FROM AROSI ONE.

Returing from Arosi 1 the ship came through Marou Bay and Rohu Area the most famous sites in West Makira. As shown from the picture above, the landscape of these sites are cliffs to the deep blue ocean. Along the coast there are a number of fossil records and tales behind them can be seen on these cliffs' walls. Beyond the point shown in the picture at the far end, there's Tawaraha Village followed by Rumahui and Bwa'uraha villages the Home of Late Solomon Mamaloni.

Continues further, is my port of call which is Pia Pia Wharf.

ARRIVED HOME.

The Journey was have been the most enjoyable one and finally i reach my Home land, my village Oneibia.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to fix an unrecognized USB drive: we help you find the cause of the problem